All-in-one Solutions Platform
Access a robust array of high-quality solutions that offers you:
- Manager customization based on your particular objectives
- Proprietary and open architecture strategies that aim to give you the best of both worlds in a single platform, blending complementary investment solutions and managers with proven capabilities
- Those active managers or approved passive investment vehicles that are expected to achieve enhanced return after a potential value–cost benefit analysis
- Across-the-board drawdown exposure approach to risk management
To bring to bear on your portfolio the solutions we believe show the greatest potential to deliver excellent value and attractive returns, we use forward-looking analysis and conduct a rigorous screening process on a set of managers, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) to carve out from a fixed investment universe eligible high-quality candidates:
- Scrutinize philosophy and process, aimed at identifying the most tax-efficient solutions with minimal turnover to make trading work for your bottom line
- Collect and analyze data regularly to compare performance on a risk-adjusted basis relative to peer group and benchmark
- Perform ongoing due diligence to help ensure managers adhere to their particular style and process
Asset class diversification
A well-diversified portfolio can help enhance returns and curb volatility. We believe it should include both traditional and nontraditional asset classes, as one group often does well when the other does not. Endowments, pension plans, and other institutional clients learned this harsh lesson recently when equities and fixed income outperformed hedge funds, real estate, and private markets.*
Fixed income expertise
Our skilled fixed income investing team is highly regarded in the industry with a total of more than 300 years' experience, an average of over 20 and 28 years per analyst in the taxable and municipal groups, respectively.
It consists of specialists in portfolio and risk management, trading, and credit research. They use a range of varying-term proprietary and third-party fixed income portfolio strategies and may be able to toggle back and forth between taxable and tax-free issues, depending on your institution's tax requirements and investment objectives:
- Municipal Money Market Strategy—average duration 0-1 year
- Money Market Strategy—average duration 0-1 year
- Enhanced Money Market Strategy—average duration 0-2 years
- Ultra Short-Term Strategy—average duration 0-3 years
- Total Return Short/Intermediate-Term Strategy—average duration 0-10 years
- Total Return Broad Market Strategy—targets overall market duration
- Multi-strategy Fixed income Strategy.
Our equity team selects domestic managers that strive for dividend income and capital appreciation:
- Dividend Growth Strategy
- Equity Income Strategy
- Core Equity Strategy
- Sector Allocation Strategy
Depending on your particular goals, circumstances, risk tolerance, and time horizon, we may also include nontraditional assets and sub-asset classes, such as real estate, hedge funds, and (for qualified investors) private equity.
Based on proprietary research and thought leadership from our Investment Committee, we develop proprietary models to analyze the market and determine strategies and products specifically designed for institutional portfolios. Our strategy seeks to provide returns in excess of the relevant benchmark with lower overall drawdown exposure and volatility, while recognizing our clients' risk tolerance, liquidity constraints, tax-sensitivity, costs, and other specific considerations.
Reach out to discuss how we can help you to pursue your institution's overall investment objectives.
* "College Endowments Seen Posting Worst Returns Since 2009," Bloomberg.com, by Janet Lorin and Martin Z. Braun, August 2, 2016.