Monitoring Your Evolving Investment Plan
The centerpiece of your long-term investment strategy is an Investment Policy Statement (IPS). It is a written document that is a formal reflection of how your individual circumstances, plus our advice and solutions, come together to create your portfolio and track progress toward your long-term, goals-based investment strategy.
Periodically revisited to keep it current, your IPS is a living document that continues to reflect changes in your goals and overall situation. It is designed to:
- Frame your needs, priorities, and investment objectives
- Assess how much risk you feel comfortable taking
- Identify areas of special consideration, such as building income for retirement
- Encourage regular communication and mutual understanding of your goals and the plan to achieve them
- Discourage emotional reactions to market events and promote investment discipline so you can keep your portfolio strategy on track during market ups and downs
- Foster adherence to fiduciary standards
- Establish a reference point to monitor strategy and evaluate results
Your evolving Investment Policy Statement
Your Investment Policy Statement is a living document and must be revisited to reflect major changes in your goals and overall situation. Communicate regularly with your Investment Advisor to review portfolios and stay current on key inputs as you track progress toward goals.
See how Wilmington Trust's investment process includes tactical short-term asset allocation adjustments that helps guide your long-term yet fluid portfolio strategy and continually reflect your evolving goals and priorities.