Wealth Management Services
Estate Planning & Strategic Wealth Transfer
Planning for the future and ensuring that your wishes will be carried out doesn't have to keep you up at night. Work with us for your estate planning needs to be sure your assets are invested appropriately, that you have provided for your heirs, and that your wealth will be transferred in a seamless, tax-efficient manner.
Understanding your challenges
For more than a century,* we have worked with individuals, families, and business owners to translate their success into a meaningful and lasting legacy. We understand the issues you face, and we can help you address them in a thorough and disciplined way.
Our estate planning strategies help you:
- Pass your legacy on to your heirs
- Grow your assets
- Minimize inheritance taxes, include estate taxes and gift taxes
- Protect your assets from creditors
The non-tax side of planning
There are a number of "non-tax" reasons for estate planning that relate to protecting existing wealth and planning the transfer of wealth through generations, including:
- Creating vehicles that provide confidentiality and privacy
- Creating mechanisms for the efficient funding of charitable causes
- Ensuring the proper care of minors or disabled family members
- Providing for financial security during times of incapacity
- Handling or avoiding probate in multiple states
- Encouraging responsible behavior by future generations when they receive an inheritance
Through our collaborative approach to estate planning, we are happy to work collectively with your estate planning attorney and other advisors to provide the most comprehensive and seamless service.
Talk to us about how we can help you with your estate planning so that you can efficiently transfer wealth to your heirs and charities in a tax-conscious way.
*Wilmington Trust traces its roots to the founding of WTC in 1903.